African Violet Mix
Available Inventory: 0
A rich, premium blend of sphagnum peat moss, peat humus and perlite.
All natural premium soil mix for African Violets
- Improves aeration and moisture retention.
- For African violets and other house plants.
- Promotes root growth
HOW TO USE
- Select a container that is larger than your plants current pot, and has a drainage hole at the bottom with the tray beneath it to catch excess water.
- To prevent soil from escaping, add a layer of small stones to the bottom of the container.
- Fill container 1/3 full with Espoma Organic African Violet Mix.
- Carefully remove the plant from its current container and gently loosen the root ball.
- Center the plant in the new container and fill it with additional potting mix.
- Allow at least 1 inch between the rim of the pot in the top of the soil.
- Gently pat down the next and add more if required. Make sure the plant is about the same depth in the soil as it was in the original container.
- Water plant thoroughly and allow to drain. Do not allow water to touch leaves as this may cause water spots.
Re-potting: In general, African violet should be re-potted annually.
Watering: Over watering is one of the most common problems in going African violets. Water from the bottom to avoid wedding the leaves which causes water spots. Pour water into sauce or below the pot and allow it to absorb into the soil (soil should be moist but not soggy). Do not allow the pot to remain in a saucer full of water for an extended time. Allow soil to become dry to the touch between waterings.
Light: Place African Violets in indirect sunlight or under artificial lights.
Feeding: Feed with Espoma Organic Violet!, a natural liquid plant food beginning two weeks after planting during the growing season according to label directions.